By Martin Henderson
Peter Herzog on Tuesday night resigned as a city councilman while in his 19th year of public service to the city of Lake Forest. Herzog made a point of saying that he sees his new role as a beginning, not an end.
- Check back on Patch to see reactions of his colleagues
- Read the story Herzog Drops Bombshell, Resigns
- Read Peter Herzog's resignation letter
- Follow Lake Forest Patch on Twitter
- Follow Lake Forest Patch on Facebook
- See more stories on Lake Forest Patch
He speaks to the citizens, not his colleagues on the dais and says he plans "to rejoin you ... and I believe you, the people, can take back your city. ... The sooner the better."
He calls the council and the city attorney "an embarrassment" and says the council holds its citizens "in disdain and ignores them. ... Self interests now overrule the will of the people."
TELL US IN THE COMMENTS: What do you think of Herzog's comments, what sentiments would you express to him, and where do you think he goes from here?