From the OC Fair:
The 2014 OC Fair starts Friday and will run until Sunday, Aug. 10 (Wednesday-Sunday) with food, carnival rides, exhibits and activities for all.
Visit ocfair.com for the full list of events.
During the first hour of the 2014 Fair, Fairgoers can take advantage of free admission and parking during Free Opening Hour (Friday, July 11, noon-1 p.m.) The fair is open July 11 from noon-midnight and features the following promotions opening day and each Friday:
- Seniors Day: $2 off Senior (60+) admission plus free Ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides all day
- $2 Taste of Fair Food: Enjoy Fair food samples for only $2 from noon-4 p.m.
- $2 Rides & Games: Sold until 4 p.m.
The OC Fair will kick off its summer of headline entertainment with The Offspring / Adolescents in the Toyota Summer Concert Series at the Pacific Amphitheatre, Journey Unauthorized – A Tribute to Journey in The Hangar, and X-Treme Freestyle Moto-X in the Action Sports Arena. Pacific Amphitheatre and The Hangar concert tickets and Action Sports Arena reserved seats include with free Fair admission for the same day so ticketholders are encouraged to come early and stay late.
New this year, the OC Fair will be host to the first-ever OC Brew Hee Haw (July 11-13) with craft beer tastings, demonstrations and exhibits. There will be five sessions with more than 60 craft beer selections from local breweries each. Each session costs $55 per person and includes free fair admission. Visit ocbrewheehaw.com for details and tickets.
Other events during the opening weekend of the 2014 OC Fair (July 12-13) include:
Saturday, July 12 (Open 10 a.m.-midnight)
- Which One’s Pink? – A Tribute to the Music of Pink Floyd in the Pacific Amphitheatre (8:15 p.m.)
- Zeppelin Live – A Live Rock Tribute to Led Zeppelin in The Hangar (8:30 p.m.)
- 40th Annual Speedway Fair Derby in the Action Sports Arena (8 p.m.)
Sunday, July 13 (Open 10 a.m.-midnight)
- Matisyahu / Tribal Seeds / The Lions in the Pacific Amphitheatre (6 p.m.)
- The English Beat / The Debonaires in The Hangar (8:30 p.m.)
- SummerFist VII – Mixed Martial Arts in the Action Sports Arena (6 p.m.)
Every Saturday & Sunday
- Rise & Shine: $3 general admission (10-11 a.m.)
- Free Parking & Shuttle Service from the Experian parking structure located off Anton Blvd. off the Bristol St. exit of the northbound 405 freeway. Shuttle operates 10 a.m.-1 a.m.
- OC Fair Express: Receive a coupon for $3 general admission for that day when using special routes directly from 9 different OCTA transit locations ($2 for one-way and $4 for round-trip). Visitocta.net/ocfairexpress for transit locations and times. Plus, Metrolink riders can catch a free ride on the OC Fair Express from the Anaheim Canyon, Santa Ana or Irvine stations simply by showing their Metrolink ticket. Visit metrolinktrains.com/ocfair for transit times and locations.
Throughout the 2014 OC Fair (July 11-Aug. 10), fairgoers can also enjoy:
- Military Get in Free: Free admission everyday for active U.S. military and veterans with appropriate I.D.
- Read & Ride Program: Children (ages 5-11) who read at least two books and submit a completed OC Fair Read & Ride Book Report Form (available online at ocfair.com/readandride) will receive three free carnival rides.
- Free Exhibits and Events: Culinary displays in the OC Promenade, All-Alaskan Racing Pigs, Russell Brothers Family Fun Circus, educational exhibits and contests children in Explorium, garden exhibits in the Centennial Farm and more.
Visit ocfair.com/2014 for a full listing of each day’s offerings.
The 2014 OC Fair, themed Summer Starts Here, is July 11 – Aug. 10 and will bring 23 days of food, rides, exhibits, animals, music, action sports and fun, as well as the Super Pass, Toyota Summer Concert Series at the Pacific Amphitheatre and events in The Hangar and Action Sports Arena. The Fair is open Wednesday-Sunday. Concert tickets, action sports reserved seats, single-day general admission and the popular Super Pass are available for purchase online at ocfair.com or from the on-site Box Office. Free parking and shuttle service are available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol St. exit of the 405 freeway.
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500. Also, download the free OC Fair iPhone and Android apps available this summer.