Professional skateboarders are coming together Saturday at to raise money for A.skate, an organization that encourages children with autism to explore skateboarding.
The third annual Skate For a Cause is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Cinco De Mayo at the park at 20028 Lake Forest Dr.
The Sheckler Foundation, the eponymous nonprofit run by San Clemente's Ryan Sheckler, is the force behind the charitable event.
Sheckler and a nearly 50 other pro skateboarders will compete in five contests during the event to benefit the charity.
A small Cinco De Mayo carnival will also be set up at the park with games and food for skate park visitors.
The pro skateboarders will be competing in the following contests:
- Fred Water Legends Bowl Contest: noon to 1:15 p.m.
- Duracell SkaterCross: 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Red Bull Tech Center Best Trick Contest: 2:45 p.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- CCS Tranny Best Trick: 3:15 p.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Duracell Stairs, Hubbas, Rails Best Trick Contest: 3:45 p.m.
Admission to the event is free, but those who want to spend time with to the pros while they are at the park can get a VIP ticket with a $50 donation to the Sheckler Foundation.