Today's odds and ends:
- Lake Forest-based Del Taco is re-introducing its shrimp tacos and burritos—what, you hadn't noticed that they had left?
- Tonight will see the developer of the planned Portola Center housing and commercial development holding a community meeting to reveal some of its conceptual plans. It starts at 6 p.m. and will be at the multi-purpose room.
- It's the ultimate Saddleback Valley feel-good story: Laguna Hills' O'Connor Mortuary is honoring a 78-year-old Mission Viejo woman who has provided countless meals to Lake Forest-based South County Outreach.
- This curious message showed up in the El Toro High School daily bulletin yesterday: "BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: Mr. Stewart's homeroom would like to congratulate Mr. Burt's homeroom for bringing in more cans than we did during the canned food drive. We submit to your superior ability to bring in cans and grow a majestic mustache." .
- Stay tuned: around 11 a.m. today, we'll be posting an article to provide local parents a chance to chat about Lake Forest preschools.