In this series we’ve looked at demographic variables, time spent in city related activities, and what the applicants hope to accomplish. Today we look at participation in activities that center around making Lake Forest a better place to live.
Note - The list is organized by the person with the most activities mentioned, with no attempt to judge whether one type of activity is more worthwhile than any other. Also note that for many people the activities are past rather than current, but no attempt has been made to separate them, apart from the mention. The data is taken from their responses to the questionnaire and/or in their resume. Praiseworthy efforts not centered around serving the people of Lake Forest have not been included.
· Current Board Member and Past President, Lake Forest Beach & Tennis Club HOA.
· Past Member, Lake Forest Community Council.
· Current Member, Lake Forest Parade Committee.
· City Leader, South County Animal Shelter Coalition.
· Co-founder, Friends of Lake Forest Animals.
· Adviser and Fund Raiser, Breast Cancer Survivors.
· Supporter, Soroptimists International Lake Forest.
· Supporter, Lake Forest Boys and Girls Club.
· Supporter, Lake Forest Garden Club.
· Editor of columns “City Watch” and “Profiles in Service” for Lake Forest Patch, an online newspaper published by AOL.
· Executive Committee, Lake Forest incorporation
· Past Board member and President, Lake 2
· Past Board member, San Remo Village
· Lake Forest Coordinator, “Stop the Airport at El Toro” movement
· Co-founder of Jail Alternatives to Musick (JAM)
· Founder and President, Lake Forest Community Council
· Forest Creek Tract Representative
· Girl Scouts
· ETHS LaCrosse coach
· Chamber of Commerce
· Past Member, Planning Commission
· Past Board Member, Lake 2 HOA
· Neighborhood Watch Captain
· Board Member, Rancho Canada Elementary School PTA
· ETHS Reunion Committee Class of ‘87
· Past Member, Lake Forest City Council
· Active in “Stop the Airport at El Toro” movement
· President, Saddleback Area Coordinating Council
· Founding member, Friends of the Library
· Saddleback Valley Pop Warner
· Lake Forest Little League
· Scoutmaster and Eagle Project Advisor
· El Toro Football Boosters
· AYSO coach and referee
· Current Member Planning Commission
· Volunteer Boys and Girls Club of Lake Forest
· Member of HOA
· Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 604
· El Toro Pep Band Director
Tomorrow we'll look at what issues the candidates have highlighted.