Just in time for New Year's Eve, Disneyland said its fireworks show would burst back onto the scene at 8:45 p.m. Friday and midnight Saturday.
The pyrotechnics had been canceled seven times since Dec. 22, after an employee suffered possible ear damage when a firework shell exploded prematurely, said Anaheim Fire Marshal Jeff Lutz. (The only exception to the hiatus was Christmas Day.)
Since then, investigators have looked into the system and pronounced it OK to proceed.
“We’ve cleared them for their fireworks tonight,” Lutz said Friday.
If all goes well Friday, fireworks will also light up the night sky when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve.
Meanwhile, the cause of Dec. 22's mishap remains a mystery.
“We may never know what caused it,” Lutz said. “This is something that’s never happened before. ... All I know from a fire department perspective [is] it’s safe, it’s good to go, and we’re good with it."