One discussion topic and a slew of items likely to be approved without talks make up the agenda for the first Lake Forest City Council meeting in October.
The public portion of the council meeting will begin 7 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 25550 Commercentre Dr.
Possibly installing pedestrian countdown signals at some Lake Forest intersections is up for discussion by city officials. The topic came up during the Sept. 18 council meeting, at which Mayor Kathryn McCullough requested her colleagues discuss the suggestion at a later date.
But first, Jens Personius, a student liaison from El Toro High School, is slated to kick off the meeting with a report on the school's latest achievements and upcoming events.
Next up is the consent calendar, a list of miscellaneous items the council generally approves without dicussion.
Among the consent items on Tuesday's agenda are:
- A $32,508, 36-month agreement for printer maintenance and consumable supplies for City Hall with Mr. Copy.
- A $181,450 contract with Tustin-based company Rakan to reconstruct 77 wheelchair-access ramps throughout the city. See where the ramp improvements will take place.
- An easement agreement with Southern California Gas Co. for land to install a new regulating station near one at El Toro Road and Destry Lane currently providing gas to a small area of Lake Forest. SCGO will pay the city $2,500 for the easement.
- A $250,000 contract with Dudek of Encinitas for on-call contract administration and construction inspection services for projects such as street resurfacing and improving access ramps, parks and storm drains.
- Two proposed agreements with Southern California Edison to provide electrical service to the Rancho Parkway project area. One requires a transfer of ownership to SCE of underground facilities and pay $131,393.81 for additional electrical equipment and labor; the second a payment of $4,196.29 to SCE for installation of ancillary underground equipment.
The Lake Forest council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at City Hall.